Other articles
16 May 2019, EMIS Insights Industry Report Extract

Russia Agriculture Sector 2019/ 2020

Sector Overview

Russia’s agriculture sector has been one of the fastest expanding segments in Russia’s economy in recent years. The sector’s gross value added (GVA) expanded at a real CAGR of 12% during the 2012- 2017 period. A supportive government policy, protectionist measures, technical trade barriers and continued use of sanitary and phytosanitary measures have provided a substantial boost to the sector.

Sector Snapshot

Russia’s agriculture sector reported a GVA of RUB 3.3tn in 2017, equal to 3.6% of the country’s GDP. The production value of the sector increased by 1.9% y/y to reach RUB 5.42tn in 2017. A record-high grain harvest contributed strongly to the increase, partly offsetting lower average prices. Plant cultivation accounted for 51% of total gross production, with animal husbandry taking the remaining 49% share. The production value of the animal husbandry subsector rose by 4.1% y/y in 2017.

Buy the full report from the EMIS store, and find out more about EMI

RELATED ARTICLES