Other articles
13 Mar 2018, Petia Krasteva, EMIS Editor

Two US firms propose to build USD 2bn GTL plant in Ethiopia

Two US firms have proposed to build a USD 2bn natural gas refinery in Ethiopia, BBC Monitoring – MENA said referring to a report in local newspaper The Reporter. Greencomm and Innovative Clear Choice Technologies (ICCT) have proposed to the Ethiopian government to establish a public private partnership to build a Gas-To-Liquid (GTL) plant in the Ogaden basin in south-eastern Ethiopia where the country has proven natal gas reserves.

The proposal suggests that the US investors will provide technology and funding for the project, while the Ethiopian government will secure the land. Respectively, the US firm will get 85% in the new company and the Ethiopian state-owned Ethiopian Minerals, Petroleum and Bio Fuel Development Corporation will get the remaining 15%.

Sign in and read the full article in emis.com Original source: BBC Monitoring - MENA

RELATED ARTICLES