Uruguay is the world's 77th largest economy and ranks 54th among emerging markets in terms of GDP. The Uruguayan economy grew by 2.7% in 2017. A subscription to EMIS provides access to a database of close to 1,000 Uruguayan companies as well as a range of sector reports, macroeconomic data and news from 90 local and global sources.
- The Case for Strategic Price Policies by James K. Galbraith Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-21
- Italy's Draghi Recovery at Risk by Paola Subacchi Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-17
- Why Did Almost Nobody See Inflation Coming? by Jason Furman Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-17
- The Price Increases that Matter for the Poor by Jayati Ghosh Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-12
- Submerged by COVID by Barry Eichengreen Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-12
- Uruguay: Manufacturing output rises 21.1% in November 2021, INE M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2022-Jan-13
- Latin America: Region's economy to grow 2.6% in 2022, 2.7% in 2023, World Bank M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2022-Jan-12
- Uruguay : Updated version of TOCAF Euclid - News | 2022-Jan-08
- The Power and Poison of MMT by Koichi Hamada Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-07
- Uruguay: Inflation at 7.96% at end of 2021 M-Brain - News Monitoring | 2022-Jan-07
- Uruguay : Government approved 7% adjustment for the salary of state officials Euclid - News | 2021-Dec-31
- Uruguay : Public rates: they do not increase Antel's fuels or services. UTE and OSE below inflation Euclid - News | 2021-Dec-31
FEATURED INFORMATION SOURCESEMIS provides a huge variety of information for Uruguay Sources in our platform include:
Care - Risk Agency
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
Euromonitor International Ltd.
COUNTRY STATISTICSEMIS provides a wide range of country data from a variety of sources.
Largest companies inTotal Operating Revenue. Unit: Thousands (USD).
- 1 Administracion Nacional de Combustibles de Alcohol y Portland (Uruguay) (Manufacturing) - (55,413,267)
- 2 Syngenta Agro Uruguay S.A. (Uruguay) (Wholesale Trade) - (105,125,771)
- 3 San Roque S.A. (Montevideo) (Uruguay) (Retail Trade) - (63,479,948)
- 4 Administracion Nacional de Usinas y Transmisiones Electricas (U.T.E.) (Uruguay) (Utilities) - (63,969,046)
- 5 Banco de La Republica Oriental del Uruguay (Montevideo) (Uruguay) (Finance and Insurance) - (48,844,999)
- 6 Banco de Seguros del Estado (Montevideo) (Uruguay) (Finance and Insurance) - (48,697,408)
- 7 Molinos Overseas Commodities S.A. (Uruguay) (Wholesale Trade) - (33,882,083)
- 8 DUCSA (Uruguay) (Retail Trade) - (42,653,103)
- 9 Cooperativa Nacional de Productores de Leche (CONAPROLE) (Uruguay) (Manufacturing) - (27,195,814)
- 10 Antel (Uruguay) (Information) - (36,944,451)
LATEST REPORTSEMIS publishes 460,000+ research reports every year.
Americas Plastic Bags & Sacks Market - Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-04Latin America Ready Mix Concrete Market - Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-03Latin America Aggregates Market - Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026) Mordor Regional Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-03
South America - Construction, December 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-25South America - Construction, December 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-25Rice, Pasta and Noodles in Uruguay Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2022-Jan-19
Processed Meat, Seafood and Alternatives To Meat in Uruguay Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2022-Jan-19Processed Fruit and Vegetables in Uruguay Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2022-Jan-19Breakfast Cereals in Uruguay Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2022-Jan-19
Baked Goods in Uruguay Euromonitor - Sector Capsules | 2022-Jan-19Insights for CISOs: Security Maturity in Latin America and the Caribbean F&S - Country/Regional Reports | 2022-Jan-25South America - Travel & Tourism, December 2021 MarketLine Industry Reports | 2022-Jan-25
SELECTED NEWSEMIS publishes 52,000+ news stories every day.
Platts EMEA Turkish Ferrous Scrap Daily Rationale SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-27Platts EMEA Turkish Rebar Daily Rationale SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-27Asian HRC rises, mills adjust offers higher amid rising costs SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-27
Platts Asia HRC Assessment Rationale SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-27Steel market heards selection SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-27South Korea's POSCO steel group joins ResponsibleSteel SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-27
Spot Black Sea billet extends gains on stronger demand and higher offers SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-27Platts FOB Black Sea Steel Billet Rationale SBB - Steel Business Briefing | 2022-Jan-27SpaceX rocket to make first-ever `unintended lunar impact' Oreanda World Econ. News | 2022-Jan-26
The Economic Costs of Closed Minds by Kaushik Basu Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-26Heatwave and Drought Hit South America's Crops and Economy Inter Press Service News | 2022-Jan-26The Mismanagement of Inflation Expectations by Howard Davies Project Syndicate - News Commentary | 2022-Jan-26
LATEST BLOG ARTICLES
Unemployment in Uruguay fell to 7.9% in November 2015 (6.5% for men and 9.6% for women), after three months of consecutive growth in unemployment in the country, with officials stating that the job market is stabilising. Employment levels increa...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:25
According to consultancy Carle & Andrioli, Investment in Uruguay’s agricultural machinery sector totalled US$130mn, down 51% from 2014, marking the second consecutive year of reduced investments. The drop is in line with the general decrease in ...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:34
Uruguay’s Centre for Economic Research (CINVE) has announced economic growth reached 1.6% in 2015, and could potentially reach 0.9% in 2016. CINVE also believes that in the short term it will be difficult to keep inflation within official targets. ...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:26
Uruguay is leading the way in switching to green energy, with the nation announcing it had gone for a mix of renewables that provide 94.5% of the country’s electricity. Over the past 10 years, Uruguay has cut down its carbon footprint without go...Wed, 07/15/2020 - 15:21
what our clients say
- "Great information, well packaged, and intelligent people ready to help at any time. - Analyst, Merrill Lynch
- "I can’t imagine covering emerging markets without EMIS." - Annemarie Dalka, Client Relationship Manager, BNP Paribas Investment Partners UK Limited
- "No banker doing business in the Emerging Markets should be without EMIS." - New York Investment Banker