Ipiranga S.A. Companhia Brasileira de Petroleos was founded in September 7th 1937, in Rio Grande city, in Brazil's extreme South. A few years later the company was strongly affected by the law, signed by President Vargas, that created the National Petroleum Council (CNP) and also determined that, from thar day on, only brazilian citizens could own shares or stocks in brazilian petroleum refinaries. Ipiranga had at the time, mostly argentinian and uruguaian citizens as shareholders. In 1959, Ipiranga closed a deal to acquired Companhia Brasileira de Petroleo Gulf and it was transformed into Companhia Brasileira de Petroleo Ipiranga (CBPI). In 1993, the company made another important acquisition: Atlantic, one of Ipiranga's competitors. This is the main company in Empresas de Petroleo Ipiranga group - responsible for 65% of the group equity. The group also owns Distribuidora de Produtos de Petroleo Ipiranga (fuel retailer), Refinaria Ipiranga (gasoline refinery) and Ipiranga Petroquimica (petrochemicals).
Rua Francisco Eugenio, 329 T 1 3 Pus 201 1002 - Sao Cristovao
Rio de Janeiro; Rio de Janeiro; Postal Code: 20941-120
Contact Details: Purchase the Companhia Brasileira De Petroleo Ipiranga report to view the information.
EMIS company profiles are part of a larger information service which combines company, industry and country data and analysis for over 145 emerging markets.Request a demo of the EMIS service
To view more information, Request a demonstration of the EMIS service