Singapore

SHC Capital Limited

An EMIS Company Report EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company USD 9.95 Industry: Insurance Carriers and Related Activities Available in: English Format: PDF Download Most recent financial data: 2011 Buy full report

What’s included?

This report extracts all available information about this company from EMIS' database of company information. The Table of Contents on the right indicates the categories of information that will be included in your report upon purchase.

Download a sample report

Company Tear Sheet (locked content will be provided in the purchased report)

Contact Information

Headquarters
302 Orchard Road #10-01, Singapore
Singapore; Singapore; Map
Postal Code: 238862

Tel: (65) 6829
Fax: (65) 6829

Email:
@shcsb.com.sg

Website:
http://www.shccapital.com.sg

Company Description
SHC Capital Limited is the insurance arm of the See Hoy Chan Sdn. Bhd Group. As at 20 July 2010, the Group held 82.12% of the Company's issued shares with the remaining 17.88% held in public hands. SHC Capital Limited's gross written premiums grew significantly by $9.997 million to $22.326 million in 2006 as compared to $12.329 million in 2005. The significant growth was the result of increased business volume in Motor and Workmen Compensation insurance business as well as Bonds, where it has underwritten various niche classes of bond business such as foreign workers and others. The 27% increase in the number of intermediaries during the year has also contributed to it's growth in 2006.Moving forward, the Company is planning to focus on underwriting construction projects in view of the strong projected economic growth especially in the construction industry. In addition, the Group is planning to continue to tap on growth opportunities in certain niche markets. The new initiative by the Government effective from January 2007 for Workmen Compensation insurance protection of foreign workers individually will become a new source of business growth under the Workmen Compensation insurance.
NAICS Industry Classification
Basic Information
Key Executives
Ownership Details
Top Competitors

Financial Statements

Annual Statements
Ratios

What this report allows you to do

EMIS company reports provide the data you need to make accurate assessments about businesses you are interested in.

Identify sales opportunities

  • Does the company match your target demographic?
  • Who are the key executives?

Conduct risk assessment

  • Is the company creditworthy?
  • Is it financially stable?

Carry out strategic research

  • Is the company a potential business partner/investment opportunity?
  • What is its financial performance?

You’re in good company

EMIS company reports are used extensively by the world’s biggest companies, financial institutions, professional service companies and universities to assess businesses in emerging markets.

800,000+

company profiles

We have information on both public and private companies across 125 countries.

2,000+

clients

EMIS is the go-to information source on emerging market companies for the world’s most prestigious businesses.

Enterprise ACCESS

If you need regular and ongoing access to company information, you should consider a subscription to the full EMIS service.

EMIS company profiles are part of a larger information service where that combines company, industry and country data and analysis for over 125 emerging markets on a unique information platform.

REQUEST A DEMO
Contact us to learn more about our business solutions.
FOLLOW US
Sign up to our newsletter

Make sure you’re not the last to know by getting the latest insights on emerging markets straight to your inbox.