Latin America M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: July 2017
Available in: English
Regional M&A activity in the second quarter of 2017 remained mostly unchanged compared to Q1 with 373 deals for a total of USD 13.6bn. For the full six-month period, however, there was a sharp y/y decline in the aggregate value of transactions – USD 28.6bn vs USD 46.4bn.
The US remained the top foreign investor in Latin America and the Caribbean with 81 transactions so far this year for a total of USD 2.1bn – five deals and USD 1bn less than the equivalent period of 2016. Much more notable, however, was the fact that the overall amount of cross-border M&A into the region had fallen nearly three times y/y.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: