Emerging Europe M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2022
Available in: English
2021 was a remarkable year for M&A in Emerging Europe as the volume of deals increased 18% y-o-y to 2,073 transactions, while their combined value surged 68% to EUR 105.4bn. Deal activity was consistently strong across all quarters, with Q4 amassing EUR 35.1bn in deals – the highest quarterly value since the equivalent period of 2016.
Some of the largest transactions of 2021 happened in the last months of the year, including the concession of Antalya Airport (EUR 7.3bn) and the sale of 5% in Russia’s Vostok Oil (estimated EUR 3.5bn).
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: