Emerging Europe M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2022
Available in: English
Emerging Europe M&A activity in Q1-Q3’22 declined 4.7% y-o-y to 1,535 deals while the total value of transactions rose 5.0% y-o-y to EUR 70bn.
M&A activity in Emerging Europe significantly slowed down in the third quarter of 2022 as the fallout from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine took a toll on dealmaking with the number of transactions dropping by 16.1% y-o-y to 473. For the first nine months of 2022, the volume was down by 4.7% y-o-y (1,535 deals), however, large transactions in Russia and Poland contributed to a 5.0% y-o-y rise of the aggregate value to almost EUR 74bn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: