Emerging Europe M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
The start of 2020 was marked by significantly lower M&A activity compared to the same time last year due to fears for the economy and the poor outlook for many businesses amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Deals were down by 15% y/y to 444, while their total value slumped by 41% to EUR 10.2bn.
The impact of COVID-19 on Russia was smaller compared to other countries in the region, and Russian M&A accounted for more than half of the largest deals in Emerging Europe
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 25 emerging countries across Europe, with a particular focus on Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Russia, Poland, Romania and Turkey
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: