Emerging Asia M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
M&A activity in Emerging Asia during Q4 fell sharply to USD 68.2bn on the back of 975 deals - the lowest quarterly numbers since early 2015. With the exception of GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare in India (est. USD 4.5bn) and BMW Brilliance Automotive in China (USD 4.1bn), the last months of 2018 featured much fewer mega-deals compared to the first half of the year. Overall in 2018, the value of M&A stood 5.6% lower y/y at USD 490.9bn, and deal flow was also down by 4% to 4,204 deals.
Sector-wise, despite a 7% decline in activity from last year, IT & Internet again came on top with 858 deals. As far as deal value is concerned, Finance & Insurance climbed to the top spot with USD 64.34n in total, just ahead of second-ranked Real Estate & Construction with USD 63bn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 14 emerging countries in Asia with individual focus on Greater China, India and the Southeast Asia region. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across emerging countries in Asia and in key geographies Greater China, India and Southeast Asia
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: