Emerging Asia M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2017
Available in: English
Emerging Asia M&A activity saw 2,148 M&A deals for a total of USD 216.9bn, down y/y by 12% and 37%, respectively. The lower numbers were mainly due to China’s slow M&A scene, where the number of deals declined by 20% y/y in the first six months and their value was lower by 47% following regulatory and capital constraints during the first quarter.
After an alarming increase in the rate of failing transactions and of corporate indebtedness, the Chinese government has taken measures to cool down the overheating outbound M&A market by putting it under scrutiny. On the other hand, a new round of mergers of large state firms, coupled with the government’s intention to promote mixed company ownership and further open up the economy, are expected to lead to more favourable investment opportunities into the country.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 14 emerging countries in Asia with individual focus on Greater China, India and the Southeast Asia region. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across emerging countries in Asia and in key geographies Greater China, India and Southeast Asia
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: