Emerging Asia M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
Emerging Asia M&A rebounded in Q2 with 1,064 deals for USD 183.3bn in total on the backs of enormous deals like Flipkart in India (USD 16bn) and Ant Financial Services (USD 14bn) in China. Overall for the first six months of the year, transactions were 2,022 (7.5% more y/y) and their aggregate value jumped by 38% to USD 305.4bn.
With 65 deals for USD 21.2bn in total, the US confidently took the first place as the top foreign investor by both volume and value, helped by Walmart’s acquisition of Flipkart in May, which also became the regions’ top deal so far this year. Japan ranked second with 29 deals for USD 4.7bn after investments by the likes of Softbank and Itochu in healthcare and real estate assets in China and Taiwan, as well as Toyota’s purchase of 10% in Singapore-based GrabTaxi.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity in 14 emerging countries in Asia with individual focus on Greater China, India and the Southeast Asia region. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across emerging countries in Asia and in key geographies Greater China, India and Southeast Asia
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: