Latin America M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
The last quarter of 2017 was even more impressive than Q3 before it, adding 380 deals worth USD 33.2bn and reaching the highest quarterly value in more than three years. Overall for 2017, deals in Latin America and the Caribbean region were 49 more at 1,512 (3% increase) but their aggregate value fell 7% to USD 92.5bn.
In mid-2017, China overtook USA as the top foreign investor but the latter regained its position during Q4, ending the year with 175 deals done in Latin America for a total of USD 9.5bn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: