Latin America M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
Forecasts for Latin America’s M&A market in 2019 were modest and with the year behind us, it is time for conclusions. EMIS figures show that activity in the region indeed remained flat, inching down by just one deal to 1,649 transactions. By contrast, deal value soared by more than 30% to USD 115.8bn from USD 88.8bn a year earlier, thanks to a string of expensive agreements in Q4.
Among the larger markets in the region, Brazil (902 deals, 80 more y/y) and Colombia (166 deals, 37 more y/y) had the sharpest jumps in activity. Argentina (129 deals, 1 more y/y) was almost flat, while Chile had a slight dip by three deals to 145 in total.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: