Latin America M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: September 2019
Available in: English
M&A activity in Latin America kept growing with further 429 deals in Q2, reaching a total of 861 for the first half of 2019. This marks a 8.3% growth y/y and also the strongest first half of the year since 2014.
The U.S. comfortably took the first spot as top foreign investor by both volume and value with 84 deals for USD 3.3bn in total. Unlike last year, when it had deals worth USD 5.5bn within the first six month, this time China was not particularly prominent on the regional M&A scene.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: