Latin America M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2018
Available in: English
M&A activity picked up in the third quarter of the year, raising the overall number of deals in Latin America & the Caribbean for the whole nine-month period by 4% y/y. However, much smaller transactions were announced in Q3 after the pricy acquisitions from the first half of the year, and the quarterly value of agreed transactions dropped significantly to USD 11.3bn despite the uptick in the deal flow.
China has invested USD 5.6bn in Latin America so far this year - USD 200mn more than in the same period of 2017 and some 70% more than the second biggest foreign investor, the US. The latter however still holds the top spot in terms of deal count.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: