Latin America M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
M&A activity in Latin America saw 379 deals in Q3, a significant decline compared to the previous quarter. Y/y however numbers were slightly up, supported by the stronger performance from H1 - deals grew by 3.3% to 1,252 while their aggregate value by 3.5% to USD 64.8bn.
Almost all larger markets in the region saw increased M&A activity in Q1-Q3, with Colombia (126 deals, 31 more y/y) and Argentina (113 deals, 17 more y/y) leading the way. Brazil was also up by 37 deals (6% y/y) to a total of 649. Chile was down by just a deal to 114, while Mexico’s deal flow declined 12% to 162 deals.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: