Latin America M&A Overview Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2018
Available in: English
In Q1 2018, M&A deals in Latin America & the Caribbean fell 6% y/y in terms of volume to 351, as the quarter was among the slowest ones over the past couple of years. At the same time, there were plenty of big transactions and the value of deals jumped by nearly 125% to USD 33.7bn, which is the highest quarterly amount since 2012.
A notable development in Q1 was that China overtook the US to claim the spot of top foreign buyer. Compared to the same period of 2017, the Chinese have tripled the sum of their investments in Latin America to USD 1.3bn but this was on the back of just four deals, the largest of which was Didi Chuxing's investment in Brazil's 99Taxis for estimated USD 960mn.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: