Latin America M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2021
Available in: English
After three quarters of growth, M&A deal flow in the region dipped during Q2. Nevertheless, thanks to the strong start of the year, y-o-y activity was 28% higher at the end of H1’21, reaching 808 deals. At the same time, the abundance of large transactions resulted in nearly triple value increase to USD 62.4bn.
Deal flow was higher across all of the bigger countries in Latin America, and particularly in Brazil.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries / exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: