Latin America M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2022
Available in: English
In H1 2022 M&A activity in Latin America & the Caribbean region continued growing on a y-o-y basis, reaching 1,041 deals, despite the slower second quarter, which registered 497 transactions, down 8.6% q-o-q. The total value shrank by 27.3% y-o-y to USD 47.1bn.
All countries but one (Paraguay) registered higher M&A volumes. Among the biggest markets, deal activity increased significantly in Brazil (15.6% y-o-y), Mexico (21.3% y-o-y), and Colombia (37.7% y-o-y).
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries / exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: