Latin America M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2021
Available in: English
M&A deal flow in the region rebounded with 458 deals in Q3 following the sharp dip from the previous quarter. With 1,297 deals in total for Q1-Q3, activity so far this year has remained 29% higher compared to the same nine-month period of 2020. Large transactions were abundant in Q3, too, and the total value of M&A reached USD 93.7bn for Q1-Q3, marking more than double increase y-o-y for the period.
Deal flow was higher across almost all of the bigger countries in Latin America, though Brazil and Colombia stood out.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries / exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: