Latin America M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2020
Available in: English
The number of mergers and acquisitions in Latin America and the Caribbean plunged by 27% in the first three months of 2020 to 321 transactions, as global markets were rattled by uncertainty related to the spread of Covid-19. With the exception of Brazil, deals in most major economies in the region took a heavy hit.
Brazil was the region’s saving grace — the country had a slight boost to its M&A scene, with deals up by 6% to 204, while value was almost flat at USD 7.2bn. The deal count was positively impacted by the insatiable appetite of venture capitalists who poured enviable amounts of funding into startups.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries / exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: