Latin America M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
Riding on the upward trend from Q4 last year, the first three months of 2021 started well for M&A in Latin America & the Caribbean. Deals reached 462 in number, a strong 31% increase compared to the equivalent quarter of 2020. Their total value nearly doubled at USD 31.6bn.
Deal flow was higher across most of the bigger countries, with Mexico, Brazil and Argentina being the top performers.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 11 countries in Latin America, and the countries in Central America and the Caribbean region. Particular focus is put on Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across the region and in key countries Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Argentina and Chile
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries / exits
- See which companies debuted on the stock market
- Gain insights into the largest upcoming deals
- Find out who the best performing M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: