Africa and the Middle East M&A Report
An EMIS Insights M&A Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2021
Available in: English
In 2020, the number of M&A deals and their total value in Africa and the Middle East region declined by 5.4% and 7.5% y-o-y, respectively.
Across countries in Africa, 2020 M&A deal flow was down almost everywhere except in Egypt, which had 83 deals in 2020, more than doubling the 41 deals from the prior year. Moderate declines were seen in Kenya (71 deals, 12% down y-o-y) and Nigeria (62 deals, 10% down y-o-y), while South Africa proved to be the most resilient to the Covid-19 impact with just a decline of just 3% y-o-y to 283 deals.
This report provides an in-depth overview of the M&A deal activity across 31 countries in Africa and 15 countries in the Middle East. Besides the overall regions, individual country focus is put on South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria. Our reports are presented in a consistent format from quarter to quarter, enabling users to analyse and compare data, and follow the latest developments in M&A.
What this report enables you to do:
- Follow overall mergers and acquisitions trends across Africa and the Middle East region, and in key countries South Africa, Kenya and Nigeria
- See what major deals were announced and who was involved
- Identify the hottest industries and the top foreign investors
- Observe how valuations changed from quarter to quarter
- View Private Equity activity and the top entries and exits
- Find out who the busiest M&A advisors were
See below for a complete table of report contents: