Africa Oil and Gas Sector Report 2019-2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
A home to 7.5% of the world’s oil reserves and 7.1% of the global natural gas reserves, Africa is an important player in the hydrocarbon industry. The continent’s share in global oil production stood at 8.7% in 2017, slightly up from 8.4% in the previous year. Africa’s contribution to the global natural gas production was smaller, with the continent accounting for a share of 6.1% in 2017, up from 5.8% in 2016. After declining for four straight years, Africa’s crude oil production increased by 5% y/y to 8,072 mbbl/d in 2017, according to data published in the 2018 edition of BP Statistical Review of World Energy. The annual growth was the strongest among all oil producing regions and well above the global oil production increase of just 0.7% y/y. The major contributors were Nigeria and Libya, which were the only ones among Africa’s top five oil producers to register higher production than in 2016. The others witnessed a decline, mostly in line with production cuts agreed to by OPEC members. Nigeria, Africa’s largest oil producer, registered a 4.5% rise in production to 1,988 mbbl/d in 2017.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Africa. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Africa
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Africa
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Africa’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Africa
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: