Brazil Automotive Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2018
Available in: English
In line with the beginning of the economic recovery in 2017, motor vehicle output and sales in Brazil rebounded after a prolonged period of contraction. Since 2014, the automotive sector in the country has experienced one of the deepest crises in its history in a context of economic recession, political turmoil, and record-low consumer and business confidence. This challenging environment unveiled the structural deficiencies of the sector, such as high dependence on the domestic market, excessive production capacity and low international competitiveness. In the wake of recovery, car manufacturers should carefully plan new investment projects in order to capitalise on the incipient growth in the domestic market, to improve competitiveness, and to diversify export markets in order to reduce the high vulnerability to the cycles of the Brazilian economy.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: