Brazil Banking Sector Report 2017/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is a Euromoney Institutional Investor plc company Date: November 2017
Available in: English
The deep economic recession in Brazil in 2016 pushed down the demand for loans and the profitability of the domestic banking system. The value of outstanding loans decreased for the first time in two decades, by 3.5% y/y to BRL 3.1tn (USD 954bn), while the adjusted net profit of the banking sector contracted by 14.9% y/y to BRL 67.5bn (USD 19.3bn). However, the banking system in the country remained stable, liquid, and solvent, with both the average capital and the leverage ratios being above the minimum required levels of the Basel III standards and the local regulations. During the year, credit operations remained the main source of income for domestic banks, accounting for 46.4% of the sector’s revenues, followed by bonds and securities (29%) and service fees (13.4%).
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Brazil.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: