Brazil Banking Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2018
Available in: English
After the recession of 2015-2016, economic activity started to grow in 2017, although at a tepid pace. The central bank initiated a monetary policy easing cycle in October 2016 and took rates from 13.75% to 6.5% as of October 2018. The economic uptick and low rates enticed a recovery in outstanding loans, which, after a fall of 0.5% y/y in 2017, were gaining traction with a 1.2% growth in H1 2018. Household loans, and in particular mortgage loans, have been the growth engine of the loan portfolio. As for non-financial corporations' credit, despite decreasing by 0.4% y/y in H1 2018, it has shown increases in every economic sector except manufacturing. Inside manufacturing, the fall is mainly explained by the lower demand for loans by infrastructure and public works firms because of public spending cuts.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the banking sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the banking sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on assets, liquidity and profitability in the sector in Brazil.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on the trends around deposits, loans and interest rates in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Assess market share by bank
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (consumer finance, mortgage lending and deposits).
See below for a complete table of report contents: