Brazil Biofuel Sector Report 2019/2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2019
Available in: English
Brazil is the world’s second largest producer of ethanol and biodiesel, and a pioneer in developing biofuels as an economically viable alternative to fossil fuels. The main biofuels in the country are sugarcane ethanol – comprising anhydrous ethanol for blending with gasoline and hydrous ethanol for direct use in flex-fuel vehicles – as well as biodiesel, made from vegetable oils and animal fats. As a result, pure fossil fuels are not available to the end consumer, due to the mandatory biofuel blend. In 2018, gasoline had a mandatory content of 27% anhydrous ethanol, while diesel contained 10% of biodiesel. The introduction of the flex-fuel vehicle in 2003 adapted the country’s vehicle fleet for the use of pure hydrous ethanol as fuel. In 2018, about 88% of new light vehicles sold were flex-fuel, while gasoline and diesel vehicles accounted for just 12.2% of total domestic sales.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the biofuel sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the biofuel sector in Brazil
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Gain insight into raw materials, the mandatory biofuel blends and the effect on the vehicle fleet
- See biofuelconsumption within the country
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of the production processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: