Brazil Chemical Sector Report 2021-2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
Accounting for 3.3% of total global chemical sector revenues, Brazil was the sixth largest global chemical market in 2019. Throughout the year, the Brazilian chemical market grew its share in the global chemical sector’s revenues by 0.7pp y/y, whilst the global sector’s revenue contracted by 3.4% y/y to USD 3.9tn. In 2020, Brazil’s chemical sector generated net revenues worth USD 101.7bn, a contraction of 14% y/y. The negative results came despite the sector’s production increasing by 1.4% y/y and revenues in local currency expanding by 10.2% y/y. As the Brazilian real lost value against the US dollar and other currencies, local chemical manufacturing companies had negative financial results in USD. The industrial chemicals sub-sector suffered more than the end-use chemicals sub-sector from FX variations, as industrial chemicals are heavily exposed to international trade.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the chemical sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the chemical sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on production and sales for the sector in Brazil.
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. chemicals and chemical products, rubber and plastic products).
See below for a complete table of report contents: