Brazil Consumer Goods Retail Sector Report 2021 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2021
Available in: English
In 2020, retail sales in Brazil rose by 1.2% y/y in volume terms, despite the negative effects of the COVID-19 pandemic and the contraction of the country’s GDP by 4.1% y/y. The overall positive performance of the retail sector was supported by the higher consumer expenditure on essential products and household goods; the record-low borrowing costs and the active government measures to preserve employment and income of the population. Nevertheless, the performance across retail segments and channels was uneven. E-commerce and the supermarket channel were the biggest winners from the changes in the consumer habits caused by the pandemic. On the other hand, shopping centres recorded double-digit contractions in both passing traffic and turnover. In value terms, retail sales rose at a higher 6% y/y in 2020, mainly due to upward price adjustments.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: