Brazil Consumer Goods and Retail Sector Report 2020 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
The third quarter of 2020 was marked by a recovery of retail trade in Brazil. According to the IBGE Monthly Trade Survey, nominal sales revenue expanded by 10.8% y/y – the fastest pace since the beginning of the survey. In real terms, when adjusted for inflation, retail sales volume rose by 6.3% y/y. The elimination of the COVID-19-related restrictions on several retail channels coupled with the gradual resumption of economic activity were the main factors behind the recovery of the sector. An additional positive impact came from the record-low interest rates of Brazil’s central bank, which encouraged borrowing activity by both households and businesses. Moreover, the government’s emergency income support programme preserved the disposable income of the most vulnerable population.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the consumer goods and retail sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the retail sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key consumer confidence, income and consumption data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Ascertain trends in sales and market share for different types of product (e.g. food, consumer appliance, apparel and footwear, etc.)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of sales and market share for different retail channels (e.g. department stores, hypermarkets and e-commerce).
See below for a complete table of report contents: