Brazil Electric Power Sector Report 2021/2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2021
Available in: English
The electric power sector is usually one of the first industries that are affected by crises, and in Brazil it was no different. The 2015 recession had dampened growth and investments, but 2019 promised a solid recovery in years to come. However, the COVID-19 pandemic hit the breaks on the recovery, as industries and commerce reduced their activity or even shut their doors, cutting back again on electricity consumption. Despite the pandemic, the government is committed to encourage private investment in the segment. It suspended some auctions in 2020 but promises to return to the schedule in 2021.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the electric power sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the electric power sector and the energy matrix of Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. power generation, transmission and distribution, and consumption).
See below for a complete table of report contents: