Brazil Mining Sector Report 2021-2025An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: April 2021
Available in: English
Brazil has rich mineral resources, making it an important player in the global mining industry. The country ended 2019 with the world’s largest niobium reserves (84.8% of the total), accounting for an overwhelming 87.8% of the global output of the mineral. Also, Brazil ranked second in terms of tantalum and iron ore reserves, being the second largest iron ore miner in 2019. The country is a net exporter of niobium, iron ore, nickel, gold and ornamented stones, yet it depends on imports of coal, potassium and copper. The mining sector was responsible for 18.0% of the country’s total export revenues and attracted 7.3% of the FDI that entered the country in 2020. Brazil’s mining sector showed resilience in the face of the pandemic, adapting promptly to the new environment. For the first nine months of 2020, the share of the extractive industry in Brazil's GDP stood at 2.4%, including mining and oil and gas extraction.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific sub-sectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: