Brazil Oil and Gas Sector Report 2019-2023An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2020
Available in: English
The discovery and development of abundant pre-salt hydrocarbon resources has transformed Brazil into one of the global leaders in both proven reserves and production of crude oil. The focus on deepand ultradeep-water exploration has also been a major driving factor in modernising the oil and gas sector, with an estimated BRL 10bn invested in research and development (R&D) over the years 2009-2018, according to Brazil’s Oil, Gas and Biofuels Institute (IBP). The sector is also a leading contributor to Brazil’s public finances: it attracted about BRL 45.7bn in signing bonuses during the 11 auctions held between 2009 and 2018m, and paid BRL 145.7bn in the form of royalties over the same period. Although the state monopoly of oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) officially ended as long ago as 1997, sectoral reforms have gained momentum in the last couple of years, with the streamlining of the government privatisation programme and Petrobras’ focus on higher crude output.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the oil and gas sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the oil and gas sector in Brazil
- Access production and investment forecasts
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Gain insight into reserves, drilling activity, infrastructure and other production issues
- See oil and gas consumption within the country
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of the downstream, midstream an upstream processes.
See below for a complete table of report contents: