Brazil Pharma & Healthcare Sector Report 2017/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: November 2017
Available in: English
Brazil is the eighth-largest pharmaceutical market in the world. In 2016, the retail drug market, based on ex-factory prices, rose by 15.5% y/y to BRL 87.2bn, supported by upward price dynamics and steady demand for innovative patented drugs. In volume terms, however, the market has showed clear signs of deceleration, as a result of the deterioration of the job market and the decreasing disposable income of the population. The economic recession since 2014 has hit particularly hard the domestic pharmaceutical industry, unleashing an intense restructuring process. Moreover, it exposed the high inequality in health spending and the structural deficiencies of the chronically underfunded public health system, triggering a debate on a reform of the universal healthcare coverage of the country.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Brazil
- Access to EMIS Insights proprietary forecasts for growth in the sector and the country’s economy overall
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: