Brazil Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: February 2019
Available in: English
Brazil’s 208mn population has given rise to a sizeable healthcare sector and to the sixth largest pharmaceutical market in the world. In 2017, retail drug sales, based on pharmacy purchase price (PPP), rose by 11.7% y/y to BRL 56.8bn, supported by strong demand for both innovative patented drugs and generics. Yet, volume-wise the market decelerated, growing by 6.1% y/y, the slowest pace in a decade, as a result of the high unemployment, the decreasing disposable income of the population and the reduction of the number of private health insurance plan holders. As a result, the domestic pharmaceutical production continued to decline, propelling further the ongoing restructuring of the industry. This scenario has also put increasing pressures on the chronically underfunded public health system, outlining the need of an urgent reform of the national health model.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Brazil . EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels).
See below for a complete table of report contents: