Brazil Renewable Energy Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
Brazil is among the global leaders in renewable energy generation, having the world’s largest biomass power capacity, and ranking third and ninth, respectively, in terms of hydropower and wind power capacity at end-2017. During that year, renewable energy sources accounted for 81.5% of Brazil’s installed capacity and for 83% of the power generated in the country. Although hydropower continued to dominate the country’s electric energy mix, with 71% of total power generation in 2017, wind power has been the fastest-growing energy source over recent years, in line with the government’s efforts to diversify the country’s energy mix and reduce vulnerability to climate change. Between 2011 and 2017, power generation from wind farms rose 15-fold. The year 2017 was also a turning point for the nascent solar power industry, which added 0.9 GW of centralised installed capacity and witnessed an exponential growth in distributed power generation from rooftop photovoltaic (PV) systems.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the renewable energy sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the renewable energy sector and the energy matrix of Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key capacity, generation and consumption data for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for specific sub-sectors (e.g. wind, solar and biomass).
See below for a complete table of report contents: