Brazil Software and IT Sector Report 2017/2021An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: January 2018
Available in: English
Brazil is among the leaders in the global IT market, accounting for 1.9% of the worldwide sales of hardware, software and IT services in 2016. During the period the country was also the undisputed regional front-runner, responsible for 36.5% of the IT market in Latin America, way ahead of Mexico, which ranked second with a market share of 22.9%. Yet, the sector was not shielded from the deep recession in Brazil and ended 2016 with a 3.6% drop in sales value, mainly due to a decrease in the demand for IT products. The software and IT services segment performed better, reporting a 1.2% y/y increase in the value of sales in 2016, however, this growth rate was much below the average annual growth of 12.3% registered between 2010-2015.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the software and IT sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the software and IT sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on demand and services availability for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. software, IT services, IoT).
See below for a complete table of report contents: