Brazil Tourism and Leisure Sector Report 2018/2022An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: March 2019
Available in: English
The tourism sector in Brazil has significant growth potential thanks to the country’s sector-relevant natural resources, which were recognised as the most abundant in the world in the 2017 Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report by the World Economic Forum (WEF). In 2017, the tourism sector accounted for 7.9% of the country’s GDP (including both direct and indirect contributions), for 5.2% of formal employment and for 0.8% of FDI equity capital inflows into the country. Despite having raised the profile of several Brazilian destinations by hosting two of the most popular sporting events on the planet – the 2014 FIFA World Cup and the 2016 Rio Olympic and Paralympic Games – the government has not yet succeeded in placing Brazil among the top 35 tourist destinations in the world, and the country ended 2017 with an estimated share of just 0.5% in international tourist arrivals.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the tourism sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the tourism sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View passenger traffic for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector dynamics, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of tourism (e.g. business, leisure, inbound, outbound)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for tourism infrastructure and accommodation.
See below for a complete table of report contents: