Brazil Transportation Sector Report 2020/2024An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2020
Available in: English
Brazil's transportation, warehousing and postal services reported a CAGR of 3.3% in value added over the 2014-2019 period. Sector growth stood below overall economic activity, which posted a CAGR of 4.7% in current prices over the same period. Sector performance was influenced by struggling recovery of demand after a two-year recession in 2015 and 2016. The issues brought about by the 2018 truckers’ strike were partially solved by the institution of the freight table policy, which in turn affected road cargo competition and waterway transportation performance. The conclusion of the bankruptcy process of Avianca Brasil intensified concentration in the air transport segment in 2019, while the railway cargo segment was affected by the drop in iron ore output caused by the collapse of the Brumadinho dam.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the transportation sector for Brazil. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the transportation sector in Brazil
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in Brazil
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Brazil
- Ascertain Brazil’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport (e.g. railways, airlines, shipping)
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Brazil
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (e.g. road, rail and water), as well as transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: