Chile Mining Sector Report 2019/2020An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2019
Available in: English
In 2018, Chile consolidated its positions as the world’s leading copper mine producer, with a 28% share in global output; its second-biggest molybdenum miner, with 22.2%; and its fifth-largest producer of silver, with 5.5%. The country also ranked first in the production of iodine, with a 62% global share, second in lithium compounds (18.8%), and eighth in potassium compounds (2.4%). During the year, mining was Chile’s fourth-largest economic sector, accounting for 9.8% of GDP, 2.7% of formal employment and 55.6% of national exports. Since late 2016, an upward trend in the prices of iron ore, molybdenum, coal, copper and lithium has driven a recovery of domestic mining production and exports, and led to resumption of several investment projects. Mining exports rose by a strong 9.4% y/y in 2018, while the sector’s trade surplus widened to USD 40.3bn.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the mining sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the mining sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key production and sales data for the sector in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Ascertain Chile’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of deposits, production and consumption for specific subsectors (e.g. coal, metals and minerals).
See below for a complete table of report contents: