Chile Pharma and Healthcare Sector Report 2018/2019An EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2018
Available in: English
In 2012-2017 Chile’s total health expenditure rose at a CAGR of 11.6%, driven by a solid increase of government spending on healthcare. In 2017, Chile allocated 8.1% of its GDP on healthcare, a figure that is bound to grow in the short term. The country continues to rely on imports to meet its domestic demand for drugs. In 2012-2017, trade deficit in pharmaceuticals followed a steady upward trend to reach USD 1.2bn in 2017.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector for Chile. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector in Chile
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on healthcare spending and health insurance in Chile
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in Chile
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in Chile
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for subsectors (medical institutions, pharmaceuticals manufacturing and distribution channels)
See below for a complete table of report contents: