China Air Transportation Sector Report 2019 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: August 2019
Available in: English
During the first quarter of 2019, there was an improvement in the currency exchange rate and oil prices, which had a positive effect on the air transportation sector in China. Demand remained strong, while the temporary grounding of all 96 of China’s Boeing 737 MAX 8 aircraft after the Ethiopian Airlines crash affected air transport supply and led to an increase in the average air ticket price, compared to the same period of 2018. In the end of Q1 2019, domestic airlines’ ticket price transport index rose by 3.9% y/y. The growth was driven by the 10.6% y/y increase in the domestic airlines’ long distance ticket price transport index, while the medium distance ticket price transport index of domestic lines dropped by 14.9% y/y. In the end of March 2019, regional airlines’ ticket price transport index rose by 4.5% y/y, while the ticket price transport index of international airlines went down by 1.1% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the air transportation sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the air transportation sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (freight and passenger), as well as air transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: