China Air Transportation Sector Report 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2020
Available in: English
In the third quarter of 2020, China’s air transportation sector witnessed steady recovery as a result of containing the domestic coronavirus crisis. According to the Ministry of Transport (MOT), during Q3 2020 China’s passenger traffic on domestic routes recovered to 98% of 2019 levels. Due to the worsening of the overseas epidemic situation, however, the scale of passenger transportation on international routes remained low. Data from the CAAC shows that in Q3 2020, China’s airlines posted a 32.4% y/y decline in their total air transport turnover, which fell to 22.9bn tonne-km. The passenger turnover fell to 190.4bn passenger-km, representing a y/y decline of 38.9%, while freight turnover dropped by 10% y/y to nearly 6bn tonne-km.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the air transportation sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the air transportation sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key passenger and freight traffic for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of transport
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (freight and passenger), as well as air transport infrastructure.
See below for a complete table of report contents: