China Automotive Sector Report 2017 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: July 2017
Available in: English
The Chinese automotive sector’s y/y growth sped up in the second half of 2016, improving on an already strong performance in the first half of the year. Sales revenue reached RMB 8,019bn in 2016, up by 14.1% y/y, while total profit grew at a slightly slower rate of 10.8% y/y to RMB 667bn. Motor vehicle sales grew by 13.7% y/y to 27.94mn units in 2016. This marked a significant sector recovery, given that revenue growth in the same period of 2015 was only 3.4% y/y. Consumers’ preferencestowards more spacious cars with high seating positions and more dynamic design continued throughout 2016. Sales of sport utility vehicles (SUVs) reached 9mn units in 2016, up by 45% y/y, improving their share in total passenger car sales to 37% in 2016, compared to 29% in 2015. At the same time, more suppliers launched new models at more competitive prices, which triggered price competition in the last few quarters and made SUVs more affordable for the average consumer. Sedan sales amounted to 12.15mn units in 2016, up from 11. 72mn units in 2015. Production increased even faster in 2016, rising by 14.8% y/y to a total of 28.12mn vehicles, compared to 24.5mn units in 2015. Car prices started declining in the first two quarters of the year, particularly those of sedans, the largest segment in the passenger car subsector.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: