China Automotive Sector Report 2018 3rd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: October 2018
Available in: English
China’s automotive sector revenue in Q2 2018 experienced a slight drop of 0.8% y/y to RMB 2,077.8bn, mainly due to lower prices. At the beginning of 2018, the Ministry of Finance cancelled preferential policies on vehicle purchase tax and this had a negative impact on consumers’ purchase intention. So some major automobile manufacturers had to reduce their product prices to attract more customers. In Q2 2018, the production of automobiles saw a significant growth of 10.1% y/y to 7mn units, boosted by increased production of commercial cars. The production of commercial cars in Q2 2018 rose by 13.1% y/y to 1.1mn units. The output of new energy vehicles in the first half of 2018 reached 413,000 units, surging by 94.9% on the back of increased demand, the China Association of Automobile
Manufacturers (CAAM) said.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: