China Automotive Sector Report 2020 1st QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: May 2020
Available in: English
Automotive production in China improved in Q4 2019, increasing by 3.5% y/y to 7.6mn units. This is the first quarter that automotive output showed growth since the beginning of 2019, as market confidence recovered and automakers were again piling up their stock after months of reduced inventory. Output of passenger car and commercial vehicle went up by 1.7% y/y and 13.3% y/y, respectively, in the quarter. The sales of motor vehicles in China were 7.4mn units in Q4 2019, a decline of 2.5% compared to the same period in the previous year. The decline was mainly driven by the slump in the passenger car segment, where sales shrank by 4% compared to Q4 2018. In contrast, commercial vehicle sales went up by 5.9% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: