China Automotive Sector Report 2020 2nd QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: June 2020
Available in: English
China’s automotive market recorded the second consecutive year of decline in sales during 2019. According to statistics published by the China Association of Automobile Manufacturers (CAAM), the total motor vehicle sales in China reached 25.8mn units in 2019, representing a decline of 8.2% y/y. This further worsens from a 2.8% y/y drop in the previous year, against the backdrop of a weaker domestic economy, a deteriorating trading environment and the gradual phase-out of new energy vehicle (NEV) subsidies. Nevertheless, China continues to rank the first globally in terms of automotive production and sales.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
The report also includes a separate chapter with 5-year forecasts for the main sectoral and macroeconomic indicators, delivered in the form of both time series and analytical commentaries.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: