China Automotive Sector Report 4th QuarterAn EMIS Insights Industry Report
EMIS is an ISI Emerging Markets Group Company Date: December 2020
Available in: English
In Q3 2020, the automotive sector in China continued to improve in terms of production and sales on the back of economic recovery. The automotive production increased by 14.1% y/y to 6.8mn units. Output of passenger car and commercial vehicle went up by 7.6% y/y and 49.7% y/y, respectively. The sales of motor vehicles in China were 6.9mn units in Q3 2020, representing an increase of 13.7% compared to the same period in the previous year. The growth was mainly driven by the surge in the commercial vehicle subsector, where sales jumped by 46.5% compared to Q3 2019. Passenger car sales also increased by 7.7% y/y.
This report provides a complete and detailed analysis of the automotive sector for China. EMIS Insights presents in-depth business intelligence in a standard format across countries and regions, providing a balanced mix between analysis and data.
What this report allows you to do:
- Understand the key elements at play in the automotive sector in China
- Access forecasts for growth in the sector
- View key data on vehicle fleet, production, registrations and trade for the sector in China
- Crystallise the forces both driving and restraining this sector in China
- Ascertain China’s position in the global sector
- Build a complete perspective on sector trade, investment and employment
- Assess market share by type of vehicle and brand
- Understand the competitive landscape and who the major players are
- View M&A activity and major deals
- Gain an understanding of the regulatory environment for the sector in China
- Build a clear picture of trends and issues for sub-sectors (passenger cars, heavy and commercial vehicles).
See below for a complete table of report contents: